Monday, November 9, 2015

Quilt show - Part 1

The Twisted Stitchers Quilt Guild held their quilt show this past weekend. It's the last quilt show of the year and so I just had to go and take some photos.
I have to tell you upfront - there are no hand quilted quilts - not a one. At their last show they had one. It's a shame that no one wants to take the time to hand quilt their own quilts. Anyway, on with the show. There was lots to see - a wonderful variety. Great vendors too but I bought nothing. I just looked.

I didn't want to view the quilts where there were lots of people and so I went the opposite way and this was the first quilt that greeted me.






As soon as I saw this and realized that all the hockey players were women, I had to take a photo.

Lucky niece.

This was way too cute to pass on.





There were several quilts in this same colour scheme but each one was quite different.




A cute girl's quilt.


Just a wee close-up.











For those of you purple lovers out there.



I think the fabric makes this quilt - great batiks.






Something a little different.





This one was different as well.

A close-up.


And another.






A turquoise bargello.






Another turquoise quilt.






A vibrant log cabin quilt.






I got glare from the overhead lights when I took this picture and had to use auto adjust on my computer for this to look good.
Great name for the quilt.

That's it for today. I'll have more tomorrow.









6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the quilts from the Twisted Stitchers show. I had wanted to go and see them for myself, but it never worked out this weekend,. BTW/ I have the Pulla bread in the bread machine right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite, Sea Glass, but the bargello a close second. What a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many different beauties! Love what the quilting does to the Flowers in the Cabin quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What talented quilters live in your corner of Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a nice show. Some of the quilts designs look quite elaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - wish I could have seen the Spanish Romance in person - it looks like it just glowed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.