Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Complete and next on the frame

This quilt is now 100% finished (see more here.) It's bound, has a label and a hanging sleeve. I didn't have a suitable dark green in all of the green stash to bind it with but I did have a couple of shades of this green. I chose a slightly darker one so it wouldn't take away from the middle. The quilt is now hanging on the wall in the hall where it can be enjoyed.

I think this is Andrew modelling the latest hat that I finished. I made two for the twins out of the same yarn but a tad bigger. My daughter's friend wanted a hat for her little one and she is a petite size (not yet 4 months old) so I did this a size smaller. The yarn is Bernat's Li'l Tots. 
Andrew is seated in front of the next quilt that I plan on quilting. It's called Aunt Alice and was a freebie pattern I got years ago from The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan that I was going to give away but once I read the instructions (with a black and white illustration on one page) I decided to make it. It was just a scrap quilt and I thought that if I made sure that the squares going diagonally on the 16-patch were darker, it would have some direction. The instructions called for reds but I'm not a red person - even though there are reds in my stash. I just have to cut and sew the backing for it and set it up on the frame.


In case anyone needs to get their sewing mojo working or if you want something to sew but don't know what, Janome is giving links to make 100 blocks in 50 days. The blocks are different sizes.
http://www.janome.com/en/100quiltblocks/download-blocks/

I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network
It looks like they are early this week.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt finish! So much to see in it.
    And what a sweet model for your new hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew is a fine model. I always wondered at the appeal of Cabbage Patch dolls - they never did anything for me, but they certainly created a huge furor at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bird of paradise! Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Bird of Paradise quilt is a gem. Nice job. Love your scrap quilt and of course, your baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt!!! The wall in the hall is good place for it, you can see it often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bird of Paradise quilt is lovely.
    You have been knitting up a storm with those hats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is just stunning. I really love it. I like the one you're working on right now too, I adore scrap quilts although I'm only working on my first one, lol! Cute hat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.