Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Part Two

This will be the rest of the photos from the Etobicoke quilt show. Enjoy!

This one is so refreshing. I haven't seen an umbrella girl or umbrella lady quilt in a very long time.

It's so nice to see that someone took the time to finish it. As you all know, quilt patterns are known by various names.

I like the fact that this is not square or rectangular. I suppose it's a wall hanging then.




Neat idea with the nine patch blocks.

The lady with the hair quilt is all paper pieced. I debated on whether I wanted to make her.

I'm not very tall so this is the best I could do with the blurb. Click on it to make it bigger.





Love those braids.

Nice pattern and great colours.

I wish one of my children would buy me a jelly roll.

Now, this was an unusual quilt.

 The creativity of some people.

I found this to be a refreshing and unusual colour combination for a big quilt.





This is just a small wall hanging and I missed it when I was viewing the quilts around it. I kind of snuck my hand around a quilt to take this photo.


I am not normally a yellow person (neither do I use red) but for some reason this quilt just appealed to me a lot.




This is just a teaser to what is coming up.


This was a small wall hanging but the 3D items were so much fun to look at.

Here's a close-up.




I love those colours.






A very nice, peaceful scene.

A close-up of the waterfall.


Another little teaser.


 





Here's the blurb for the bottom quilt - the yellow and orange flowers.

It was nice to see someone else liked this one.

I have the magazine but didn't buy the kit.

Nicely done applique.





I really like the clean look of this and the way the quilter set those little nine patches. I did say that I liked nine patch quilts - didn't I?

I don't think I would ever make one but this was stunning.




Another great quilt using scraps. A truly wonderful backing too.

I never knew that black stripes gave you dimensions of the blankets.

I really liked this quilt. Mainly because the quilter made it her own.

Mopping up, playing the harp.

Camping.

Sewing.

Sue the flag waver.

I think this is a great reason to make a quilt. Just for yourself.

A very bright sampler.

Another lucky granddaughter.

For all you red and white fans.


I would have liked to have seen this with a beige or an off white background.




For some strange reason I am taken by old fashioned quilts.

A close-up of the two block design.




For all you crazy quilters out there.




Great colours.

Chosen by a man.

I have always liked this pattern. It's an Atkinson pattern.


Such an easy pattern and so much fun.

And yet, another quilt made for a granddaughter.

My eldest daughter loves loons.




To end today's show I shall leave you with this fun quilt.

This is why it's so much fun. There are little bears living in the houses.



I hope you enjoyed the show. 
I'm off to make a pair of little pants and a couple of shirts.

9 comments:

  1. Great quilts. I am not usually a fan of Sunbonnet Sue, but that one is wonderful! Thanks for sharing, Dolores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am off to check the ashes from yesterday's rubbish burn. " Misty Pines" my favourite today, and "Trading Patches" is #2, wonderful photos, a lot of work behind these posts, thanks so much for sharing with us. Enjoy your pants and shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have the most photos of quilts in the Northern Hemisphere. I love seeing all these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one picked out as my favourite and then I saw the crazy quilt and you know what happened then, don't you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspirations! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely like the umbrella ladies and, the little people with sunbonnets too .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed the show. Thanks for sharing. Good luck on the pants.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.