Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Quilting again

I have several quilts that need to be quilted and this one was just small enough that I figured I could quilt it and get it off the frame before Christmas.

First of all, I had to get a backing for it. This piece of fabric just about fit exactly. I'm not concerned as to whether or not the backing and the front match or are in some way co-ordinated. This is the reverse of the fabric.

I had to do a bit of fudging because there were two circular parts taken off this side so I had to cut and piece a strip. 

Now, the quilt's all stretched out and pinned in place ready to be quilted. I am thinking of putting an X through all the black squares. Hopefully, I can devote time to getting this done. I have several books on tape to keep me company. Stay tuned...

Linking up to The Needle and Thread Network and to Esther's W.I.P.

5 comments:

  1. This is very cute! I can't seem to get into books on tape... my mind wanders off too easily when I'm focused. How long will this one take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also try alternating the books on tape with podcasts. I think the X in the squares will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like books on tape myself when I'm sewing. I also listen to BBC4 Extra on my laptop when they have Agatha Christie series on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt , enjoy quilting it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE books on tape - that is a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.