Sunday, November 16, 2014

Enjoy!

This past weekend I attended the York Heritage Quilters Guild quilt show. The venue was Edwards Gardens in Toronto and it was, once again, a wonderful show. My friend Judy came with me and we were lucky enough not to be rushed, so we took our time and even got to walk through a second time to see if there was anything we missed because the first time through, it was crowded.

This was one of the first quilts you saw as you entered the main room.

Hand appliqued and hand quilted and only $600. Needless to say, it had a SOLD sign on it.







A delicate looking quilt because of the fabrics used.









I love the colours.
















This was an interesting quilt so I took a photo of the block.

I wasn't the only one interested in this quilt because another attendee was taking a photo of the block at the same time.



 Love the colours of this quilt and it's simplicity.

Sorry for the blurry pic. I had to take my photos fairly quickly since there were so many people around. 

 I'll never make a hexagon quilt but this was so nice and interesting.



 The hexagons were cut specifically so that the flowers would show up. As you can see, it was beautifully hand quilted.

 Hunter's Star done in several colours.




Finished, and hanging. Ayla's Escape - by me.

The background fabrics are two subtle shades of off white. I really liked this because of all the solid colours.

Although it says that there is thread painting in this quilt, both Judy and I couldn't find any and we did look all over it.

I'll finish up with more photos tomorrow.
My camera battery died and for some reason the back-up battery was dead. I had made sure that it was charged but I guess the battery's life is non-existent.

9 comments:

  1. And enjoy I have!! Your quilt 'shows' are always welcome and great fun to attend through your eyes (and camera lens).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're not going to believe this, but I genuinely thought "oooo I like that!" before I read the caption on Ayla's Escape. Some of the others are lovely - but yours really is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun cyber visit to a quilt show on an icy, snowy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Thanks for sharing this Show with us Dolores. Ayla's quilt is beautiful, I'm sure she loves it! I also really like Miyoko's Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great eye candy, Dolores! I wasn't able to get out to the show, so I really appreciate this. Love Ayla's quilt! The others are beautiful too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks terrific. Beautiful show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't these lovely?!
    Nancy J pointed me your way. I used to live and cottage in Muskoka, and she recognized the Muskoka name!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , east!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for another fabulous quilt show tour! I really do like your Teddy Bears, fun to see it hanging and I see I am only one of many who are fans of Ayla's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh look at your gorgeous quilt hanging there!!!! I love going to quilt shows with you Dolores. You take great pics and I love how you include a pic of the maker - you inspired me to do that, you know. Love the border on the Almost a Serenade quilt...and the whole Muskoka Memories is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.