Saturday, November 9, 2013

Christmas Quilt Along - November Part one

I've been out and about today so tomorrow will be another QAL post. Today I attended a Christmas craft fair with my daughter and her two little boys. We went to one yesterday too. There was some lovely stuff at both locations. I'll take a photo of some of the stuff that was bought and show you all tomorrow since it's already dark out and I know the photo won't show up too well. BTW, the boys were both very good - especially little Patric. After all, you can't get into too much trouble when you're strapped into a stroller. I also got to a nice little yarn shop and bought some superwash wool.

I started this little Christmas project sometime last month.

This was the beginning. Believe it or not, they are little socks approximately 5 inches long.

This is how many I got done by 23rd of last month. Altogether there 14 here.


 And these were numbers 15 and 16 on the needles.



These little socks will become an advent calendar for my little grandsons. All are different in colour.

                                                          
Mack and Mabel had this cute wreath on their blog and I thought those little socks looked so familiar. My daughters liked it too and now I will be making some red, white and green socks. 

Tomorrow I'll show you the finished little socks - maybe all hung up.       

7 comments:

  1. Love that wreath. It's simple but looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, can they wear the wee socks once the Xmas season is over? Super pattern by the look, too. Greetings from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tiny socks are so pretty and I like that they are all different color. The wreath with the socks is good idea (thank you for the link)! Maybe I'll do one too! The knitting of socks in adult size is becoming very boooooring, yet six pairs ahead! Do you see the balls of sweat on my forehead;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock wreat is a cute idea. I'm still looking forward to photos when you get your Advent calendar done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little socks!
    Doing them in Christmas colours sounds like a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the advent wreath, those socks are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little socks are bound to become a family heirloom (and rightly so!). So much nicer than those store-bought chocolate ones (with terrible-tasting chocolate, I might add!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.