Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bloggers' Quilt Festival - voting is now open ***Update

It's time for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival.



Nominate your favourite quilt for a Viewer’s Choice award. My quilt is in the baby quilt category.

NOTE: To vote, just click on the heart!! I was terribly confused with the way things were set up this morning on how the voting button looked on my computer and therefore accidentally voted for the wrong quilt. I emailed Amy and now that it has been fixed, I am hoping everyone can vote successfully for the one that they actually want.

I decided that I would enter little Patric's quilt in the baby quilt category. For my second grandson, I wanted to use a pattern that was in Quilter's Newsletter magazine, issues 223 and 224 (June and July/August of 1990) called Fun Time Bears by Theresa Eisinger.

Here it is all finished. 

This was the first little bear that was made. He was given some books and glasses.

 Little Sailor Bear was a cute idea.

There are little girl bears too in this world.

 I just had to make a little bear that wore sunglasses.

 Sleepy Time Bear has his own little bear to keep him company.

 
 This little bear loves to play ball.

The owner of the quilt, little Patric, loves to look at all the bright colours.
I hope he enjoys it for years and years.

The quilt was a joy to make. It was hand appliqued and hand quilted.


November 1 – 7 – Vote for favourites in each of the categories and there are a lot of different categories.

You can vote for your favourites here NOW.

Fall-BQF-Button-e1380294012428
Have fun checking out all the other categories of quilts too, at Amy's blog.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your quilt and would love to vote for it, but when I go and try to do so, it links me back to your blog. Is there something I'm missing?? I might, if there ever is a bambino of the 'grand' sort in my life, want to make one of these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so adorable. I, too, ended back at your blog when I tried to vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect baby quilt for the festival ! I will go vote for you .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must check this out and vote for you. I thought I would enter a baby quilt myself, but when I looked in my photo file I realized that I hadn't taken a photo of the completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such an adorable quilt:)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto for me ,is there a link missing for the voters? Love your quilt, and will vote when I can. Cheers, Jean. p.s. close-ups show your stunning stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dolores, "click on the heart' and all is done. A wonderful lot of entries, and many categories. Love your wee bears, and a beautiful finish when they are all in their rows. Greetings, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok - those are pretty darn cute!! How's the weather in TO? It's snow-raining in SK. Good weather for quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck, Dolores! It is a big category, but your quilt looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw bless Patric...he's adorable. Thanks for the wedding wishes. It was a very special day with a lot of tears...only from me but hey!!
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.