Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Taking a walk in another province - Part one

I do love this country of mine - Canada. It is so different from one province to the next. I have visited all of the provinces except for Newfoundland and Labrador and I have not seen any of the territories yet either. Today, I thought I would show you some sights of another province. I live in Ontario but these photos are of the interior of Beautiful Britsh Columbia. I have been to BC at least once a year for the past three years. It is different from Ontario. There are mountains in BC. Ontario has the Canadian shield and if we drive north, we can easily view it since they have blasted the rock to put in the highways. In BC the mountains have been blasted to put in highways. In Ontario there are guardrails but in BC it's hard to find them and that makes for some scary drives.
(click on any of the photos to see them in a larger format)
I was hoping for the flags to be full out but, of course, the wind was not co-operating on the day this photo was taken. Either that or I'm lousy at taking photos. 
The weather is nice and spring-like at this time of year - not too cold and not too hot. These photos were mainly taken while I was visiting my daughter and her family who live beside the Fraser River. Just about everyday I would go for walks with little Luc in his stroller - even in the rain because the rain usually didn't last long.

 
There were lots of mule deer to see. These were just in the yard next door.

Cows were a favourite sight on our walks.
Especially momma's with their babies.

These were a very curious herd.

They came from way across the field to take a look at...

a little curious boy.


Sometimes the neighbour's border collie came along on the walk.

Sometimes she brought her horse.

And then here were those mule deer that seemed to pop up from out of nowhere.


We saw the goat up the road who shares a pen with...


the donkey. Both are rescue animals.

It's getting to be bee season and they travel all over. I just happened to spot this big one in the middle of a flower quite close to the ground.

These two birds are male and female American Goldfinches.

There were scenic views of the Fraser River where the level kept rising due to the melting of snow further up the river.


Since this is heavy in photos, I will continue the walks in the next post.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word what a beautiful, beautiful place....except for that BEE....*giggle* I love the look on Luc's face by the cows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Luc must love his walks with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us along with you. Your blog is probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing Canada and I'm enjoying the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder who was more curious - Luc or the cows! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I realized that Canada is so huge and so diverse that I have no desire to travel out of her boundaries! BC is my home and tho I love the prairies where I was born, I keep thinking that I should have been born in BC. I enjoy you little trip photos though too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great visit. Your bee is like none we have in the UK and your Your Goldfinches are more like our Greenfinches! Amazing how creatures evolve differently.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.