Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's pink and another finish - finally

The lily opened.

 And it appears as if a few more will be open tomorrow. Too bad they aren't fragrant.

This little sweater, made from chunky yarn, has been sitting in pieces for a long time. I made it last year and  it's a size 2 so little Luc can wear it next year. It knit up fast and the main reasons I made it was to try out the pattern, which was easy, and also to use up some of the hoard of chunky yarn that I have. I will make this again but I wish I had someone that liked sewing the pieces together. It's my least favourite task and that's why this took so long to get finished. But now it's done and I am linking up with The Needle and Thread Network. Pop on over to see what other Canadians are up to this week.


14 comments:

  1. Love those flowers.Can't forthe life of me think of the name?
    Cute little jumper.It feel good to finish things eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers! And what a darling sweater, I know Luc will wear it well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    Dolores,

    Wow those Lily blooms are so pretty. They sell those over here and they usually smell to high heaven,enjoy the blooms. Gosh your little grandie will look so handsome in his knitted jumper. Congrats on getting it all together.

    Have a happy day.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lily. I've been thinking of lilies just today. Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sweater is so teeny! How adorable. How long do you think he'll keep it white? : )

    thanks for linking!
    Monika

    ps- have you signed up for feature Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lilies are lovely. The sweater is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep wanting to knit a sweater, but the first sock has me in a dead lock! Love the flowers, I am partial to the varieties of daisies but they wil be a while yet...COME ON SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the lily is such a lovely shade of pink...strange it has no smell because usually they are quite fragrant...sometimes a bit too much:)

    The sweater is very cute. Luc will look very handsome in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sweater! I don't like seaming any more than you do and knit most things in the round as far as possible.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lilies! Are you going to plant them in the garden later? Why don't they smell?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful lilies and the little sweater is adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love lilies...it is a shame they aren't fragrant.....nice little sweater too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the little sweater, what a pity the lilies don't have a perfume! Watch out for the pollen, it sometimes stains.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.