Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sewing

Not for me but for my daughter who has a wedding later this month in California again.

The view of the dress she wants is the halter on the right - minus the bow that they put on the bodice. The fabric is from my stash (she is adamant that the volume of fabric gets diminished.) The piece she chose is only just over a metre but it's 60 inches wide, navy polyester blend (so it doesn't wrinkle) with a big houndstooth check in the weaving. I'll show you when it's done. We cut the paper pattern and I roughly laid it on the fabric to see if it was enough and it is. I do think it needs a bit of lining fabric though.

6 comments:

  1. I really wish I was a clothing sewer (beyond the denim jackets). The dress is going to be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... can't wait to see the dress....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dolores,

    Looks like a beautiful dress and your daughter is so lucky to have a Mum that sews.
    Good luck and I look forward to seeing the dress.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a darling dress, can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I look at patterns I freak- My palms get sweaty and the scissors slip, Doing things correctly creates such anxiety! I wish you a steady hand and forgiving material! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.